Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Class Canceled for Thursday, September 30, 2010, and Action List for Tuesday, October

After our class today, I was hit with some pretty bad coughing, which left some wheezy breathing.  I was able to see my doctor after lunch, and she confirmed a pretty severe case of bronchitis.  I now have the most powerful antibiotics I've ever taken along with an inhaler, cough syrup, and all kinds of other things (but nothing unfortunately that will make me loopy and think I'm in a Britney Spears video like on Glee tonight).

So, I have decided to cancel class for Thursday, September 30.  I have spoken with Professor Garrison, and we're going to introduced the joint essay in his class on Monday, October 4.  We're going to stick with the schedule for our class.  Still read chapter 11 from A Writer's Resource.  It's about writing arguments, which is what your next two essays will be, so it is important, and we'll go over parts of it over the next few weeks.  I will give everyone full credit for DWA #5 that we were going to do in class that day.

For Tuesday, October 5, 2010, please do the following things.

  • Read The Other Wes Moore (pgs. 146-82); that's the rest of the book.
  • Prepare for Reading Quiz #5.

That's it.  You may want to check the general course schedule and read ahead if you have time because we do have a bit more reading than usual the next few weeks.  It's nothing big, but it's always good to know what's coming.

And take care of yourselves!  Get some sleep, take some vitamins, and stay hydrated.  That's what I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment